Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
These Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers are a delicious, easy meal perfect for any occasion.
- 4 large green bell peppers, hollowed out & seeds discarded
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup of sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1.5 to 2 tablespoons of your favorite steak seasoning
- 1.5 pounds of sliced roast beef, cut into strips
- 12 slices of Provolone or Mozzarella cheese
- salt & pepper, to taste
Coat the bottom of a skillet with extra virgin olive oil. Saute the onions, garlic, & mushrooms in the oil until lightly browned & tender. Add the sliced roast beef strips & steak seasoning. Stir, & cook until warmed through.
Place a piece of cheese in the bottom of each pepper. Layer with the roast beef mixture, filling each pepper to about halfway. Then top the meat with another piece of cheese, fill the pepper with more meat, and then top each stuffed bell pepper with a final piece of cheese.
Heat grill to 400 degrees and cook for 20-30 minutes, or until peppers are cooked through.